On 23 January 2015, Egmont is hosting the 3rd and final workshop in the UACES-sponsored Collaborative Research Network on CSDP Strategy, co-organized with the Universities of Maastricht, Newcastle and Surrey. The workshop will be a full-day event at the Egmont Palace in Brussels.
We warmly invite you to submit your paper proposals for presentation at this workshop which will focus on the capability implications of CSDP strategy.
Possible topics include:
- The implementation of the capability decision of the December 2013 European Council and the path towards the June 2015 European Council.
- The implications of the decisions of NATO’s Wales Summit for European Capability Development.
- The role of the EDA, celebrating its 10th anniversary.
- The impact of the Commission’s defence industrial policy and its potential role in capability development
- The influence of ongoing crises in Europe’s eastern and southern neighbourhood and of the withdrawal from Afghanistan on thinking about capabilities.
- Pooling and Sharing, Smart Defence, the Framework Nation Concept, regional clusters, and other forms of defence cooperation.
To apply, please email your abstract (maximum 200 words) to Sven Biscop (email@example.com) by 21 November 2014.