Final Workshop – Provisional Programme
Orange Room, Egmont Palace, Place du Petit Sablon 8, 1000 Brussels
23 January 2015
10.00-11.00 Presentation of the new Capability Development Plan
- Christian Madsen, EDA
- Chair: Jo Coelmont, Egmont
11.30-13.00 Paper Session I
- Laura Chappell, University of Surrey, and Petar Petrov, University of Maastricht: Capability development in the CSDP – institutional projects and member states’ preferences
- Jocelyn Mawdsley, University of Newcastle: European Defence Industrial Policies: Chances or Challenges for Capability Development
- Simon Sweeney, University of York: More rhetoric or substance at last: The European Council’s capability promise and the future of CSDP, a potential ‘tipping point’?
- Discussant: Daniel Fiott, Institute for European Studies, VUB
13.00-14.00 Standing lunch
14.00-15.30 Paper Session II
- Patricia Daehnhardt, Universidade Lusíada de Lisboa: Euro-Atlantic security post-Crimea: what role for EU/CSDP-NATO relations?
- David Galbreath and Simon Smith, University of Bath: Knowing Me, Knowing You: transatlantic impressions of military transformation in Europe
- André Barrinha, Canterbury Christ Church University, and Helena Carrapiço, Aston University: The EU’s actorness in cyber security: coherence or fragmentation?
- Discussant: Vivien Pertusot, IFRI-Brussels
- Brig-Gen Heinz Krieb, Director for Concepts & Capabalities, EUMS )
- Guillaume de la Brosse, EDA (invited)
- Annelies Verstichel, Belgian PMG delegate
- Chair: Sven Biscop, Egmont